Friday, January 14, 2011

Resting Place

Writing a poem with a migraine headache is pretty draining.  But I couldn't sleep and I was antsy so I did it anyways.  I think it turned out alright, hope you guys enjoy it.  Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading guys!

Resting Place
 
Twas on that dark and starry night,
that I set out by firelight.

To be alone with you once more,
and reminisce the days of yore.

As I approached your resting place,
my heart and head began to race.

"I brought these flowers for you to keep,
at your side while you sleep.

I just want to let you know,
a couple things before I go."

I knelt my weary body down,
and tried to fight the looming frown.

"Do you remember that day we met?
we talked and talked, until sunset."

At your side, I stayed till morn,
and told the story of the love we'd sworn.

It's now time that I most go,
but there's one more thing, that you must know.

I love you more then the word can say,
I'll see you again, when death comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment